Friday, September 16, 2011

A Tale of 2 Colors (part 2)

In continuence of my last post (Tuesday) I actually was wearing this new color that I'm writing about now & still am.  I had planned on a trip to Ulta on Tuesday to pick up some new Cover girl shadows: Shimmering Sands(trio) & Pure Romance (quad) that were recommended via YouTube & they were running a buy one, get one 1/2 off at Ulta + I had a $3.50 off $10.00 again, which as you know I'm a huge fan of! As I was walking around the store I noticed they had 2 Fall-ish displays; 1 with deep blues(think Midnight Cami) & Metallics(think Orly Rage). I immediately fell in love with the Orly collections which included a silver, gold, & rose gold.

A friend just happened to ring me as I was figuring out which to buy so I asked her opinion & she thought that I should go with the Gold but I really can't commit to the Gold Rush yet so I opted for the rose gold (Rage). I was so excited that I couldn't even wait to get home, we had to go over to Target for something & I immediately painted my ring finger nail in the parking lot! After I had put my Bug to bed I immediately grabbed my All In One base coat, nail polish remover, & polish to settle in for the Bachelor Pad finale. I got started & I just immediately fell in love with the shimmery pink/gold color, 1 coat was beautiful but I'm used to doing 2 so I applied another & to be honest it may have taken away from the shimmer & cause my nails to look a bit more dark & busy. None the less I still loved it & am still wearing it on Day 3, it seems like it would be a great nail to wear as I haven't noticed any major chipping & it was a great combination with the base as it seemed to dry faster than last time. With no further adeu I present to you pictures of my current nail.

 


Make sure to come back to see which next-to-impossible nail color I hunted down this week & to read about the journey it entailed(as usual!)

No comments :

Post a Comment