Monday, September 5, 2011

Busting at the seams

Since I added 3 must-have colors to my collection last week I've already worn 2/6 of the Essie Fall collection & 2/4 of the Nice Stems OPI collection!

The first, (Merino Cool) was from the Fall essie collection 2010 & I just had to try it, it was exactly what I had in mind & was looking for. I can't say enough about how soft, fall feeling, & beautiful this color is.

Mid week I was bubbling with excitement to change my nail color & with so many new choices any normal person would! After much deliberation I went with "Play the Peonies" which is a pale nude shimmer from the Nice Stems OPI summer collection, I was so excited to see this on my nails but after 2 coats it was streaky & I didn't really like it as much as I thought I would. :(

I tolerated the color for about 2 days then decided to venture to other choices from my stash, coined: "Save for Fall". I set my sights on Power Clutch & the application & pigmentation were amazing, I Love It! I'm still sporting this color and today is Monday!


Back to my thoughts on "Top Coats", as I've said in a previous blog I didn't really see a huge benefit to using a Base/Top Coat on my nails as I often get bored & change colors so often.  When changing polish Friday I was faced with a problem that I've never really dealt with before, when I removed the polish my nails were yellow in spots! I took to Google as any questioning mind would, only to find out that this is caused from not using a base coat when applying polish! Oh the shock & now I have to eat my words, buy a buffer, & find a healthy base coat! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment