Monday, January 27, 2014

Top 13 of 2013!

Hello everyone!

I've got something different and new to share with you today; my top 13 beauty products of 2013!  These are the products that I couldn't get enough of and reached for the most over the past year.  I was so excited to do this post because it made me sit down and think about which products I love and why I loved them.  I think I have a pretty good mix of makeup, skincare, tools , & hair products; I will include links to everything below, hope that you enjoy!


Although Nars blush in Sin was a 2012 purchase it was a rediscovered favorite and the item I grabbed most for my cheeks.  I've used Bare Minerals since 2007 but lost my interest with it over the past few years and tried new things, this year I re-fell in love with this and I don't see myself changing anytime soon.  I've been using the Benefit facial cream a lot over the past year at night, it's the perfect moisturizer for my super dry skin.
 My hair favorite for the year has been the Paul Mitchell Skinny serum, I just love how this prolongs the wear of a hairstyle for me and actually makes my hair look decent.  The Real Techniques Stippling brush is phenomenal for applying cream blush to the cheeks.  My favorite brush for blending is the Mac 217, it has completely changed my eye routine and look for the best and I can honestly say that I see why everyone loves it.
 I tried a lot of new mascaras this year as I am a serial mascara changer but this one stole my heart, the Maybelline big eyes mascara, it just gives me the most natural looking long and voluminous lashes.  I stuck with my Nars Smudge Proof eye base over the year, this is an absolute must for anyone with oily eyelids and just makes my eyeshadow last throughout the day beautifully.  I discovered Mac Soft Brown this year and I used it with every eyeshadow I own as the perfect crease color and I'm just overall in love with it, it's perfect.
Let me start by saying that I am not the biggest lip product fan, I'm just getting into the world of "lips".  I picked up a new lipstick this year and fell in love with it, it's just the creamiest, smoothest, perfect shade I've ever seen and it's the Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Color in "Sheer Pink Lust". In the later part of the year I thought I'd give the new Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in "Coral Crave" a try and this is my holy grail lip treatment, I actually just had to replace it and I felt so lost without it for a few weeks.  Around the holidays I found my favorite lip product of the year; the Maybelline Color Elixir's, I was literally so obsessed with these that I bought 5 in 1 month! In my defense, I got them all on sale but I absolutely adore these and I recently picked up a 6th; Nude Illusion.


Last but not least, I fell head over heals in love with a polish brand this year and that would be Zoya.  Their formula is amazing and it has the staying power to match, I can't see myself loving any other brand as much as them.  The shade choice is phenomenal and they are Big5Free as well.  The star of my eye this year were the Pixie Dust collections, I love how easy they are to apply and how gorgeous they look on my nails, I've done a few posts on them throughout the year.

I hope you've enjoyed my favorites and I'd love to know your favorites so that I can add them to my list and hopefully have a just as amazing 2014 in beauty!

Bare Minerals Original Foundation
Nars Smudge Proof EyeShadow Base
Mac Eyeshadow Soft Brown
Zoya Nail Polish (specifically Pixie Dust) 
Mac 217 blending brush
Nars blush "Sin"
Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Colors
Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara
Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum
Maybelline Dr Rescue "Coral Crave
Real Techniques Stippling Brush
Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Color "Sheer Pink Lust"
Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream


closing

No comments :

Post a Comment